Thursday 5 April 2012

Society has changed.

Society is so messed up. We live in a world were every thing we say could be a lie, were we need proof to back up the so called "truth". Our generation are living 10 years ahead of themselves.

In the 1990's children were playing with trains and dolls, not guns and makeup. I truely hate how everything is changing, and despite the fact I was 5 when the 90's ended, those 5 years were something to be cherished. My four year old cousin has an iPod, she has been using an iPhone from she was two years old. Apart from this conveying her extreme intelligence, I would rather she play with a pretend phone...

I estimate that by 2020 there will be no imagination, and yes, that does scare me :( Will children be asked to write stories while in primary school using that vast imagination of theirs? Or will they be asked to write reviews on electronics. I really despise how everything is away ahead of it's time.

Why do I find people my age (which is seventeen) going out to clubs and bars acceptable? I know that it isn't, but personally, I wouldn't mind going there as well. However, fourteen year olds going to clubs? Hell, I was still playing on Stardoll at fourteen. What is the big rush to grow up? We are still in our youth, however the new generation of youth are not going to be like us at all.

My amazing Grandmother always tells me how she was 13 and working in a factory - day in day out, giving all of her wages to her mother, enabling her to provide for her thirteen children. Now a days, it would be seen as crazy to give your parents a small part of your income from your part time job. It should not be seen as crazy at all.

My lovely Grandfather also tells me that he left for the police at a young age, working all of his life, providing for himself, his wife and his children. To this day, my Grandfather would go to the moon and beyond to ensure that everyone around him was happy.

Sadly, I can picture the children of today, growing old and it does not resemble my grandparents lives in any way. I think it beautiful how my grandparents grew old and I wish I could live in the era that they did. I don't think the youth of today will ever appreciate the value of life, which in itself is upsetting. Instead of working from their teenage years, they will be living by the moto "YOLO" and doing whatever they want, regretting nothing. Honestly, I do not want my siblings, cousins, children, grandchildren to be living in this type of world.

I want it to change, dramatically. And as soon as possible too.

No comments:

Post a Comment